Skip to main content

Surviving the perfect world

One of my greatest joys was seeing my oldest son Nehemiah go off to College and not just to college but Bible college.Something that Milton and I prayed for from the minute we knew we were expecting him.To see him love and respect for God and others makes us proud to say "We did alright the first time around, lets try this 5 more times " I'm not saying we didn't make mistakes or that he was a perfect child /teen but it wasn't over whelming that we couldn't handle it.It just took at HARD tug to remind him what was expected of a child of God.

Many people ask "How do you do it?"  "You're super mom"  "You're amazing"
.
Well I usually say "I just do it and at the end of the day I say thank you Jesus the day is done" and I'm not amazing or super mom. I'M JUST A MOM. And I Have chosen to pick whats most important and what really needs attention the most.

God has and always will be number one in or family no exception and family is next.We make family a priority.We stop and think what do the kids need right now? In our case our children right now need our support love and time with them and that is what we aim for.

The "Triplets" (3 babies who are 1) that we have, need a daily routine.Lunch time is usually 11:30 with nap time following right after, right now as I'm typing they've been sleeping for 35 minutes praying it will last another hour ;D. There's also 3 loads of laundry to be folded and get put away,a garage full of donations that need to be sorted out for a project that its about to start.All the downstairs need to be mop,dishwasher needs to be empty and reloaded and baseboards that need to be wipe down.But instead I decided to blog.

 I chose to spend some time catching up on emails and my devotions and put all that work aside for another day.I don't feel like doing it today and I finally came to the conclusion that with little ones my house will never look perfect and it will never be like "SO&SO'S" who is always spotless. The mess will always be there no matter how much I stress over it.

I can be selfish during nap time and do things I enjoy.Like a nap, a steaming HOT meal,a movie,candy crush,catching up on FB,a shower or just a quiet potty break.

And when my kids come home from school we will work on school projects and play time TV time FAMILY DINNER TOGETHER ....

All that long list of things that didn't get done, guess what? It can wait for tomorrow if  I'm in the mood for it or I will save it for a life learning lesson for my kids. 

"Oh you cant get along with your brother ? Well, now you have to work together you fold the clothes while he puts it away"

"Oh I'm so sorry you are bored here's a wet rag and go clean all the upstairs baseboards and door frames while your brother does the downstairs"

Tomorrow I might be able to sleep in and get up before the triplets and take a shower do my hair and maybe just maybe actually wear REAL clothes or maybe not.we shall see but this I know FAMILY IS FIRST.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the slow lane

It's said that a mother's job is never done no weekends or holidays off. 24/7 all year round. Meetings,Doctor's appointments,school projects,groceries,laundry,meals,and the list goes on.... After years in the fast lane and none stop speeding you get to a point where you run into the slow lane.  No matter how many kisses and snuggles you get it doesn't change the fact that your body is feeling the effects of running on 4 hrs of sleep and the lack of caffeine.No energy left and the house looking like a tornado just crossed through it.Just the thought of the many things that need to be done exhaust you even more. The daily routine becomes a norm and you realize that you have taken the load on yourself and that the people that care for you want to give you a little push and help you carry the load but you don't know how to ask for the help or even let go and accept the help.  How do you let go? How do you ride the slow lane? How do accept a lending  hand?   Lord It'

And her heavy load

25 days ago I started jogging/walking to check the mail,in the evenings. Which is 1/4 of a mile from the house. I jog/walk all the way down and another 1/4 mile to a turn around circle at the end of our street,and walk back home on an incline driveway. It’s my“me time”at the of the day, it challenges me to finish what I started. Every evening I get to run along side a momma deer and her baby. I’ve set 6 weight goals,reach my 1st and one lbs away from my 2nd goal. It’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever done,because I love to be in the comfort of my home,love my food and my AC. 7 years ago I had a VSG (vertical sleeve gastronomy ) done a TOOL to help with weight loss,not the solution but a tool.After a year I reached my goal weight ,and got comfortable and started back on old non healthy habits,this caused half of the weight to come back on.The struggle is real weight loss surgery is not the easy way out ,specially when you have complications after surgery.It’s just a jump start to ge

and her memories

Some of the few memories I have of happy days are of my uncles coming over and watching them play cards or dominoes with my parents.They would give us kids riddles to solve & keep us busy, when we couldn't figure them out it was our homework for the next day. We would go to bed and lay there trying to figure out the answer till we would fall asleep, the next day we were anxious to get up to figure out the answer....Maybe thats why I love brain busters and things that challenge me. Growing up we never had enough money to take family vacations. My mother always would color with us make drawings for us or play LOTERIA (Mexican Bingo) with us and use beans to mark the pictures. LOL Milton and I want those kind of memories for our kids, we want them to one day do the same with their family. We look forward to the day they come home with their spouses and kids and we remember the good old times and make new memories for the generation to come. Every time we go to Goodwill or The